Thursday, March 31, 2005

Delayed Muscle Soreness is Great!!

On the way to the YMCA last night we decided to tour a brand new gym that recently opened which is closer to our house.

Holy shit!!

This is the largest, most well-equipped gym I have ever seen in my life!!

We were absolutely dumb-founded....





It is cavernous for one thing...(You could easily fit twelve or more gyms into it -- providing they are the size of the one we currently train in -- it's fucking HUGE!!) they have got to have every piece of fitness equipment that has ever been made in that place... every single weight machine... EVERYthing!!!

There are SO many ways that you can injure yourself in that place, you are BOUND to like one of them!!

Plus... (There is a plus!!) they offer all sorts of fitness classes (they are included with your membership), and they have a juice bar (though I'm not particularly interested in the juice bar... they still have it though, whether I'm interested or not!)

We talked about it, and have decided to switch gyms. I'm psyched!!

I outgrew a lot of the machines at the YMCA, and since I don't have a partner my size to train with, I have been leery of doing a lot of the exercises I would like to be doing with free-weights and nobody there to spot. At the YMCA, I'm one of the bigger guys... at this new place, I will be a pencil-necked geek...

I don't even know what some of those machines are for!!

On top of everything, they have three tiers of eliptical trainers, treadmills, cycles, recumbent cycles, stair climbers, and other things... and (get this) each one has its own television/music system.. just bring your own headphones.

How friggin' cool is that!!

I can't wait to start training over there... !!!!

No comments: