Friday, April 01, 2005

What the HELL is going on up there?!?!

For some ungodly reason, my head started to hurt in the mid to late afternoon yesterday... it slowly got worse and worse until I was starting to feel nauseated as a result... I'm not really sure what the hell causes this. It never really happened before except for one time, which was recently....

In any case, it blows... and if I can find a way to go about it, I would gladly opt out of this particular bit of fun.

It felt like a work crew was dismantling my bloody head.


This was pretty much accurate... 

Poor Elysia was trying to make me feel better by rubbing my neck and feeding me asprin, but the headache simply didn't want to quit. So I had to suck it up and live with it...

It's decidedly difficult to be very good company when your head feels as though it is being crushed in a vice. But I did my best...


I'm Crushing Your Head!! 

We ran some errands, most notably, ending the relationship with the YMCA and signing up at the new place, which kicks ass!

When we got home, neither of us were much in the mood for a big dinner, so I cut up a honeydew melon and a banana, each... and served it on a plate with a spoon of peanut butter and (I know, I know... ) three girl scout cookies each. (Well... SOMEbody has to support the girl scouts!!)

When I woke up this morning for work, my head felt as though it were full of slugs and pinecones... (don't ask..), so I called work and told them that I was sitting this one out, and crawled back into bed, curled up next to my beautiful Elysia, and went back to sleep...

I woke up feeling disassociated... (I'm not sure from what... but, nevertheless..), and sat about quietly for a while until I woke up a little more.. then I shaved, showered, and dressed, and, can gladly say that I feel much better!!


A Mind at Peace.... 


In commemoration of feeling better, I am about to go and prepare a nice lunch for my hard-working Elysia girl (Stir Fried Korean Chicken and veggies... with rice and soup, I think.. I'll have to play it by ear and see what sorts of ingredients we have on hand).

Later on, we are having a birthday party for a Clansman, so Elysia will be making a nice homemade meat sauce to have with ravioli, and a spinach salad. My job is the fresh antipasto. This is what he (Aonghus) has requested, and this is what he will bloody well get!!

I'm off to make lunch for my girl!!

2 comments:

annush said...

A man who cooks for his wife! that's great...

Marcheline said...

You have no idea... and we're not talking toast and a bowl of Fruit Loops here, honey - we're talking bona fide Asian chow! Woo-hoo and pass the moo-shu! It's great to be me!