Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Something in the Water??

Today was mildly strange... the folks at work were particularly obnoxious snotrags today, and I'm not quite sure what that was about.

The Old Man has basically come to the belief that I am there to do any shitty part of a job that he is doing.

Generally, I don't mind doing whatever he asks me to do.

I know he's older, and has less patience, and that I'm basically the low guy on the totem pole. For the most part, it never even blips on my radar.

Today, however, he snapped a couple of orders at me as soon as I walked in the door, basically telling me to do a particularly loathsome and tedious task that was, by all rights, his job. I didn't say anything, and simply went and did what he asked me to do.

He wandered over at some point and began to try to show me how to use a particular piece of equipment, but was having a difficult time getting it to work properly, and started to get frustrated. Eventually, he stomped off shouting obscenities, and just left me standing there staring after him.

I inspected the piece of equipment, decided that I didn't know enough about it to figure out what the problem was, and picked up the manual and began to read it. I discovered that there was a switch that was designed to be an emergency off switch only, and in the manual there was a notice indicating that if this switch was used during the operation of the equipment, damage could result. Well, apparently, this is what happened.

I waited a suitable period of time for him to calm down, then asked him if he had a minute and pointed out the switch, and the notice in the manual. (bad idea, maybe?)

He handed the manual back to me and ordered me to call the company and have them replace the equipment. I didn't think that I was the best person to make this call, as he had purchased the bloody thing, and told him so. He ripped the manual out of my hand, called the company and explained the damage, and then ordered me to pack the equipment up for pickup. (Please take note that this individual is not my supervisor, he is a co-worker. A peer).

I began packing the thing up, and at some point he rushed up screaming "What the fuck are you doing!?!? You useless piece of shit!! I didn't tell you to do it that way you fucking idiot!!"

(What the FUCK is that about??!!?!?)

At first, I didn't reply at all, figuring that he was just upset, and old, and crotchety... but he continued to tear into me for no reason that I could discern. Finally, I asked him what I was doing wrong... He sputtered for a few seconds, then said that that wasn't the point, and began tearing me a new asshole again.

I asked him to calm down and explain to me what he wanted done, and told him that I would be glad to do whatever it was that he wanted me to do, so long as I could be made to understand precisely what that was. He started screaming obsenities at me, and began to pull the piece of equipment out of my hand. I have no idea what this was about, but at that point, to be honest, I got tired of playing nice and said, "If this is how you are going to talk to me, you can do this your fuckin' self. Don't ask me to do your work anymore." At which point I walked away and went to my own work station and started working according to my own agenda.

The Nose, a little later on, and seemingly unrelated to anything started in on me with his anal retentive control issues. I didn't say a word, and didn't show any outward sign, but I was already upset over the whole thing with the Old Man, since it came out of left field and caught me completely off-guard, and this nit-picky bullshit was really starting to get under my skin. Happily, he found something else to do before I told him something that I didn't need to be telling him.

I started following my breath, and that managed to dissipate the anger and resentment quite a bit. At some point, I managed to find my equilibrium, and the rest of the day pretty much went by quickly.

After work, we headed over to the gym, and I worked my ass off!! I am already sore from Sunday's workout. I do cardio and abdominals every day, and on Monday I work chest, triceps, and do a little bit of shoulder work. I bombed those muscles, and can already tell that in two days I am going to be crippled with delayed muscle soreness. No sweat, it's all part of the curve...

I weighed in before I began training, and was disappointed to see that I weighed 247.5

I weighed in at the end of the workout, and the scale read 246. Either the scale is tits-up or I lost 12 ounces in an hour and a half. I think its the scale.

Monday is weigh-in day, we'll see how it looks next week.

I had a craving for fish, which is weird, because I don't even particularly like fish. I'll eat it, but I don't generally look for it. We stopped and bought some tilapia, and Elysia made that while I stir-fried some mixed veggies.

We had a nice dinner, and after a while, poor Elysia conked out with her head in my lap. I woke her and sent her up to bed, then cleaned up and headed up myself.

I am pretty much exhausted, I'm sore as all hell. And it is absolutely great!! I am glad to be back in the swing of things. I am looking forward to trimming down, bulking up, and getting fit. I am already looking forward to the next workout... this gym is really cool!!

I have been toying with the idea of supplementing with creatine. Specifically creatine monophosphate in a microized powder form. I still have some learning to do about it though.... any body have any experience with this stuff??

I'm off to get a much needed night's sleep.

G'night Ya'all

No comments: