Friday, March 11, 2005

Girlwatching

Our windchimes arrived yesterday. They sound magnificent!! We need more windchimes around here...

I cooked up a dinner of beef and broccoli with ginger and lemon, and we had that with the leftover chinese food from the night before. We watched "The Door in the Floor" with Jeff Bridges and Kim Basinger, then discussed it for quite some time. The discussion slid over into a discussion about other people's blogs; What we liked what we didn't, what purpose a blog served for us, whether or not some blogs in particular are true, mostly true, complete bullshit, or whatever. It was nice just sitting and talking with her. Elysia cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes, and we continued talking the entire time.

We headed up, made love (we almost always get there together... its soooo nice..) and dropped off to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to pee, and when I came back to bed, I laid there and watched Elysia sleep for a while. She is so beautiful that she makes my chest ache when I look at her. She has the softest skin in existence, and I was so compelled to touch her, but I didn't want to disturb her sleep.... she looks like an angel when she is asleep. I wonder what dreams she was having?? I just wanted to bundle her into my arms and hold her close... Instead, I just watched her, listened to her breathe, and was happy.... At some point, I drifted off to sleep too.....

We have a wonderful thing between us, Elysia and I. Its a gift. I know how lucky I am to have it, and I know that a marriage, and a love, is something that constantly has to be worked for and nurtured. I want this marriage to last for the rest of my life, and beyond, if that is possible. I want it to strengthen and grow. I pray that I will have the wisdom to be able to determine what the best course of action is, when there is one, and when nothing is required.

Our wedding song is "Amazed" by Lone Star.

I still am.

No comments: