Friday, March 04, 2005

Me and The Nose...

Yesterday at work, "Old Man" and "The Fly" (a shit-eating, bothersome little pest who is always buzzing about your ears and who loves getting into everyone else's gargage) left the office to attend a trade show leaving me to work alone with The Nose. (Ms. Filter Sponge is off on Thursdays...)

Essentially, this means that Nose is on the telephone gabbing about Snowmobiling, Sports, Fishing, the Motley Crue concert that he was going to, and trying to hit on anything in a skirt (The Nose is basically a nice guy, but he is lazy as the day is long, very self-centered, and suffers from two unfortunate delusions; 1. He is a god to women. (He may or may not be... however, according to the comments that many of them have made to me regarding him.... he apparently is no more of a god than I am). 2. The entire world is his mommy. ("Bear, can you make me a cup of coffee?", "Bear, can you butter a bagel for me?") ((What'the Fuck??!!)) while I am left to do pretty much everything else. In this case, it wasn't so bad because it kept me busy, which keeps my brain from torturing me... and it helps the day to move a little faster.

I can't stand hearing him discuss his wife with people, though... it sounds like he doesn't even like her. It sort of irks me.

I have noticed something mildly disturbing about myself recently. It appears that my emotions have dulled or something. At least for now. I guess something has to give. I'm not sure what the deal is, but, whatever it is, it's better than what was going on before.

I don't have to work today. I have one important and what should be a worrisome appointment today. I'm not worried about it in the least, which is good. After that, it's the weekend, and I can relax.

H is getting ready for work, and I want to clear outta here so she can have some time to work on her blog entry... that is her usual time and I don't want to screw up her routine.

More later, or tommorrow, or something....

No comments: