Saturday, March 05, 2005

MMMmmmmmm.........

When Elysia (who was H but is now officially Elysia) arrived home from work last evening, we decided to go out to dinner. We had a great time, starting with a shot of single malt scotch whisky and a beer. Then we moved on to eating vast quantities of food, to wit: Cajun popcorn shrimp and Tomato & Mozzarella appetizers, then each a 20oz marinated shell steak and veggies... she had mashed 'taters, I had bowtie pasta in Alfredo sauce... I will be full for the remainder of my natural life, I think...

We discussed the G issue for a little while, as well as the really long and drawn out ranting blog entry that I made yesterday..(Elysia didn't much care for it... yes, I welcome her to read my blog. My private space is inside my head) we have decided to have a ceremony officially placing this issue behind us. We have decided that the way is forward for us, and not backward. Elysia assured me, in no uncertain terms that she loves me unconditionally, under any and all circumstances, and that she would choose me (and has) over any one else, anywhere, anytime....

She said that she very rarely has ever wished that she could 'take something back' that she had done or decided to do, but that if there was one, it was the entire recontacting of G episode. She said that she had no idea that it would affect me, and ultimately her and our relationship in such a fashion.

I reiterated that if she felt a need, a whim, a desire, or whatever and wanted to remain in contact with G, that she should. She said that she did not want to start the whole thing up again after everything that has happened...

I feel that if it is what she wants to do, she may as well do it... because it is what makes her happy. To do otherwise only risks building up resentment towards me in the long run. If she wants to be in contact with him, she should... if it affects our relationship, well, then it becomes a matter of choice for both of us... but, apparently, she has decided to make the choice to not remain in contact, which, in all honesty, and selfishness, suits me fine. Two is company.

We came home and went online and rated the pics on www.hotornot.com first she rates the guys and I rate the girls... there are many hysterically funny comments bandied about during this process... both at the pictures that folks decide to submit (what the fuck??!!) and at one another's taste... or lack thereof, in members of the opposite sex. After a suitable period of admiration, mockery, and hysterical laughter, we switch sides and I vote for the guys while she votes for the ladies... as usual, the verbal abuse continues unabated throughout, and finally, we both vote on each candidate, averaging out our scores and casting our votes. If you submit your pic to Hot or Not... buckle up, because we are out here lurking, and we will call into question your sexual proclivities, your parentage or lack thereof, your humanity, your degree of bodaciousness, as well as your fashion sense, general sense, and just about anything else that we can toss into the mix.... all in good fun, and all in a spirit of high humor... but, most likely you will get jacked-up... even if you are kick-ass goodlooking... because if you are great looking and a guy, and I know you have caught Elysia's eye... I'm going to find something funny to say about ya... and she does the same thing... anyway, thanx to all of the folks who have the big brass churchbell sized balls to submit their pics for our viewing pleasure... we really have an uproariously good time over something that is to all intents and purposes, pretty shallow and dumb when you really get down to it.

When we headed in for the night, Elysia made love to me... fantastically, wondrously, spectacularly, and with 'oh-my-god-I-think-you-migh-have-torn-something-in-there!' intensity. Exhausted and glowing we both dropped off for a wonderfully peaceful night's sleep, and woke up early for a rematch this morning!! (She drives me completely out of my fucking mind!)

The official count is now down to 2.

TWO!!

Shit. I can knock that out TODAY!!

So.. we are off to have breakfast, run errands, and spend some much-needed downtime together.

I am going to make a concerted effort to move away from the H & G thing... as I want to put it firmly and permanently in the past....

There are so many better things to write about....

We were discussing Solipsism at dinner last night. Cool word. Cool concept. I see a color, I call it red... You see a color, and you also call it red. Yet, we may or may not be perceiving the same color. What I am seeing as red may be what you see as blue. But since you always see that color and call it red, neither of us can ever know whether or not we perceive the same color or not. We were discussing whether this can also carry over into feelings. I feel something, and I call that Love. You feel something and you call it Love. But do we both feel the same thing?? Since we are limited by language and symbolizm in how we express what we feel, think, and perceive, we are all somewhat isolated from one another to some extent... or are we??

Tank up on a few drinks and start that conversation.....

No comments: