Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Afternoon Snow

Today, work was completely dead. I spent the day alternately:

  • Contemplating my feet
  • Drawing pictures on the computer using 'paint'
  • Making paper airplanes and throwing them at coworkers
  • Launching rubberbands at coworkers
  • Feeding the seagulls
  • Fantasizing about sex
  • Surreptitiously reading
  • Making and drinking insane quantities of coffee
  • Trying (unsuccessfully) to ignore a drunk customer who wanted to explain god-knows-what to me (this really sucked)
  • Fantasizing about sex
  • Meditating
  • Watching the snow
  • Composing Haiku
  • Fantasizing about sex (Hey... I love sex!)
  • Trying to get the Doc's office in NC to send a prescription for the post-vasectomy semen analysis test that is required
  • Trying not to look as though I was doing any of the above
  • Wandering about aimlessly
  • Fantasizing about still more sex
Finally, the workday somehow ended and I was off like a prom dress and headed for home.

Neither of us are feeling all that up to snuff, so I think its going to be a quiet night of not much activity.

I drew a picture of a brushstroked circle in black on a celadon-green background. On the right hand side I wrote a Korean proverb, then signed my name in Hanja and drew in a few red 'dojangs' or chops. The circle is the last of a series of temple paintings called the ox paintings. It symbolizes the completion of a spiritual journey... returning to the beginning, but having been fundamentally changed by the process... completeness.... sort of in a 'Cleansing of the Shire' Frodo, Sam, Merry & Pippin returning to the Shire to find that their experience has irrevokably changed them sort of way...

The Fly asked me 'What the fuck is that?!' in his usual kind and diplomatic fashion. I asked him if he really wanted an answer, or if he was just wanting to be a ball-buster. He said that he really wanted an answer, so I answered him. He stared at me for a few seconds, thinking god knows what, then went away. I wonder why he feels that anything that someone else knows that he doesn't know somehow diminishes him? I can't really see much into his heart...

The snow is beautiful. I love the way it transforms everything into such a completely different world. If I weren't feeling like sludge, I would go out and walk down to the water and just think. Probably not a good idea.

I hope the Doc's office and the Lab get their act together so that I can wank into a cup and get it bloody-well over with. I hate having this indignity hanging over my head.

Today has been a very zen day...

No comments: