Saturday, February 19, 2005

This is starting to become a habit....

Another disturbing dream: (This one really sucks)

I was dreaming along, minding my own business, having my usual nonsensical mish-mash of a dream, when at one point I was somehow teaching a group of people how to execute an extended PT Formation (for you non-military minded folks PT means Physical Training -- If you do PT in a regular formation, everyone kicks and hits and bumps into one another... you need more room, so there is a set way to get everybody into an extended formation in as quick a manner as possible. Why would I be teaching this to a group of co-workers, friends, acquaintences and family members?? Your guess is as good as mine...I have been out of the military now for about 13 or so years. I was a Drill Sergeant for a number of years, so I suppose it creeps in even now... most folks, by the way, are shocked to hear that I was a Drill Sergeant, or Cop (at one time), I guess I don't seem the type or something. I am basically a gentle, easy-going person...(what most folks don't realize is that most of the Drill Sergeants and Cops around, at least the ones that I have known, are generally very funny, likeable guys and gals. The part that most folks see, though, is an act... it helps us to get our job done. Drill Sergeants and Cops are not usually that way except when they are "on stage" - the ones that are usually go nuts in short order and end up doing something dreadful. There's a cheery thought for ya!) (Man, I love parentheses and conversational asides, tangents, and the like!!! Wheeeee!) though, the bear has claws under certain circumstances.... hardly ever, though....) Herendith the tangent. ANYway... I was teaching an extented PT formation to a bunch of folks, go figure, and as I walked around making on-the-spot corrections, I came upon H and G who were standing in a cubby-hole between stacked boxes (we were in sort of a warehouse or lumberyard like lot with crates stacked up here and there... I don't know where that came from... somewhere in my brain's sub-basement, I guess...). They didn't see me, and I stood there, rooted to the spot and shocked beyond comprehension... H was kissing G in a manner that I can only describe as 'hungrily'. She kept rubbing her body all over him, and running her hands all over his body. I just stood there, quietly, letting my world crumble at my feet... and said nothing.
At some point, G noticed me, and gave H a poke.... she opened her eyes and they both gaped at me for a second, and H inhaled to say something. I put my hand up, palm facing outward, in the international sign for "JUST STOP!", and she held her tongue. I said to G "You suck. You're shit in my eyes....." and to H ".... and so are you." Not in a forceful manner... just in a sort of flat, dead, matter-of-fact, I-guess-none-of-this-really-matters-to-anyone-when-you-finally-get-down-to-it sort of a fashion... and then I walked away, and went back to teaching my class. It wasn't a big deal of a class, when you get down to brass tacks, but it was my class, and it needed teaching.

I woke up, right about then, and after the longest pee in the history of humankind, I laid back down in bed, and realized that I was more or less furious at H. Of course, this is pretty insane, since she hasn't actually done anything, but nonetheless, I was pissed! The vision in my head her her kissing him went straight up my ass! I laid there fuming for a couple of minutes, until the humor of it finally wormed it's way through and struck me, and then I laughed at my stupid self and rolled over and went back to sleep.... thankfully, there were no more dreams of infidelity, betrayal, dog attacks, or anything else that I found disturbing....

Today, we are off to Newark NJ (blech!) to see the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association's (EUSPBA) premier solo bagpipe competition - the Metro Cup. This is a competition between about ten of the top bagpipers in the association, which covers the entire eastern United States. I generally leave this event both elated, and dejected. Elated at how fantastic these pipers are, and dejected at the fact that I suck by comparison, and will most likely never attain anything near that sort of skill. I am a piper, folks... I am Scottish, Irish, Welsh, and Rroma (aka Gypsy) by descent. Not that one must be any of those to be a piper, but this is primarily where the interest was sparked... in addition to an appreciation of pipe music. I know that most people don't care for the instrument, it is, admittedly, an acquired taste.. but I love it!! (and yes, I wear a kilt, and no, we don't wear anything under it except for shoes and socks!). Should I post a pic of Bear in Highland dress replete with bagpipes??

No comments: