Saturday, October 21, 2006

Because Things are Different Now,.. That's Why!



This morning we sat outside and drank a delicious warm cup of coffee... then Marcheline decided to call her mom and chat for a bit, and I simply sat, happily, and played around online for a while... no goal in mind... nothing to be done, or accomplished, or looked up, or finished, or started, or worked on... just messing around for no particular reason!

As I am writing this, my wife is in the bathroom washing and putting on makeup and perfume and doing her hair and putting in contact lenses, and doing all of those other mysterious and slightly incomprehensible but wonderful things that women do before they go out in public...

... and why is she doing this??

Well, because we are going to see the 3D re-release of Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas" in just a little while, that's why!

... and why is this a big deal??

Well, because generally speaking, I would be working from early, early Saturday morning, only to run home, change clothes (read 'uniforms'), and run back out to go to work after I get off work.. and, therefore, we would be unable to go to the movies on a lovely late summer/autumny Saturday morning with wind and leaves and sunshine and birds and blue skies and clear air and stuff like that!!

Because, thankfully and blessedly, I don't work in a job where I am required to haul my ass into work on Saturday mornings any more... I am OFF on Saturday mornings now!!

Admittedly, I will still be going in later in the day to tend bar... but that's somehow different... and besides, now is now, and later is later!!

And right now we are going to the movies!!!

Why??

Well, because things are different now, that's why!!!

1 comment:

Nukie said...

You never know when things are going to be different until they are different