Sunday, April 06, 2008

Once more 'round....



Well... I have been scarce in these parts of late. I have some (to me, anyway...) valid excuses... I know that they are bullshit, but, Its my story... and I'm sticking to it.

We have been struggling a bit with the death of Marcheline's Dad. My cousin is undergoing chemo therapy right now... she has been diagnosed with a very aggressive form of lymphoma... so, although I am hoping that she will manage to fight through this, reality is following me around and slapping me across the back of the head with unfailing regularity.... obviously, this situation tends to be a bit upsetting... she is only about eight years older than I am... I can only give her emotional support, which seems pretty lame sometimes... I know down in the sub-basement of my heart that she wakes up crying and terrified in the middle of the night... and nobody is there to comfort her... ..

About three weeks ago... nearly a month now... I got called into my boss's office first thing on a Monday morning and was given the sack... the economy is tanking.. the company isn't making money.. and they can't justify my position any longer... sucks being the newest guy on the block. That is a long ride home... with your stupid box full of shit.

So now, I get up with my wife each morning... or earlier on the days that I go to the Zen Center for an early chanting service and meditation practice... and then I sit and send out resumes... to anything that remotely reeks of a possible job. I can see a huge difference in the job market... so, I am living with a slightly nauseating feeling of dread in my guts most of the time. I want to work. I want to carry my share of the load... what I hear from nearly everyone that I talk to is that folks are losing their jobs... companies are going out of business left and right... so.. nobody said that it was going to be easy, right??

On a happy note, we have a new tree to plant, just as soon as the weather dries up enough so that we aren't trying to shovel slop and sludge.... I just know that tree is going to look absolutely beautiful back there!!

I am still here... I just don't want to be a wet blanket, writing about crappy sfuff all the time....

Good comes... bad comes.... nothing stays the same... not even the mountains and the sky....

No comments: