Friday, June 09, 2006

Far From the Truth...

Of late I have been feeling oppressed by words... fed up with the meaninglessness, the falsity, and the needlessness of the majority of things that I find myself saying to others.. others meaning the people that I meet in my daily existence outside of my home and family life...

Precisely what am I hoping to convey with my words to them?? And why do I feel that I should have to convey anything at all??

I have not a thing to say, really... we mostly have nothing whatsoever in common. We inhabit entirely different worlds. There is nothing of any substance for either of us to say to one another... All of the conversations that society's norms and expectations force me into having with these people are basically empty. I don't particularly want to say the things that I say, and I don't think that the other people really want to hear them. I don't want to hear most of what people say to me, and I would wager that they don't honestly want to say them...

How happy we all be to simply admit this in practice.... But, I believe that all men (and women) expect one, at times, to say something.

I oblige them by bowing to the expectations of societal norms, and trying to say something witty, something intelligent, something meaningful.

What a fool I have often made of myself by believing myself to be wise. My words don't mean anything.

How much nicer it would be to simply enjoy one another's company, and just leave it at that... until perhaps, somebody had something real to say...

To heap insult on top of injury, I find that I do not have the moral fiber to stand behind this realization; I have realized that there is nothing to say, and yet I dare not be silent.

Instead, we force one another into exchanging vapid pleasantries, discussing topics that neither of us could care less about, and nobody really wants to be involved in it!!

Since everyone pretty much knows that it is all empty, meaningless drivel, why can't we simply agree to not say the things that neither of us have to say to begin with?!