Saturday, October 08, 2005

Did I Get It??

I think I have isolated and removed the cause of the pop-ups...

I have never seen them, because I have my browser configured to disallow pop-ups, and to not run any scripts that I haven't given permission for.

Please, please, please... if there are any other such annoyances, let me know. I don't want that crap here... there's enough of it elsewhere.

The only pop-up you should ever see here would be asking for donations for the 'World Marmoset Conservation Society'.

My Thanx to Dan and Wraiths for giving me the heads-up as to the existence of the blasted thing, and for helping me to narrow down the search so that I could actually locate it.

(Serves me right for putting all the bells and whistles on the site... I'm a dweeb sometimes.... [Snort!!])

So. Please confirm that the pop-is gone, anybody, or let me know that it is still plaguing you, whichever is appropriate... and I'll take it from there...

Thanx guys!


Off to work... blech!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to have gotten it now.

I will be putting you into rotation at Blogazoo. The link is your referral id.

Welcome to Blogazoo and look forward to reading more of your tales. Like I told you in my email love to see interesting blogs added here and this one will definitely be a plus for us.

Stop by and introduce yourself to our community at our forum.

Wraiths said...

no pop-ups for me and thanks for listening.

Bear said...

OBG,

Thanks, Buddy... sorry for the whole pop-up nonsense... it never blipped my radar, because my browser doesn't display them. I have addressed that now, however, and should get a heads up from here on out. It was most likely the fault of those bloody Marmosets, I'll wager... (Sneaky little buggers, Marmosets!)

I'll pop by the forum and make myself known...

Talk to you soon,


Bear

Bear said...

Wraiths,

Thanx for the assist on that... it was a big help. Together we have conquered the evil pop-up and have restored peace, harmony and tranquility to Bear Tracks at Blogspot Dot Com. Our work here is not yet done, however... for evil pop-ups can intrude upon the lives of free people everywhere without warning... so we must remain ever vigilant.

Wraiths and Bear! Fearless crusaders against pop-ups and other sorts of minor annoyances!

Thanx again, Young Warrior!!


Take Care,

Bear

;-)

Bear said...

WiPrincess.. Hi!

I do believe I got it! It was the online-users script (that bit that displayed how many users were online, the IP numbers, and all that jazz... I put it on there so that people would at least be somewhat aware that this information was being collected ((I have sitemeter and extreme tracking, and they both collect this stuff... I really only care about the locations of people... I have a mental pin-map and get a kick out of knowing that people from all over the world 'visit' my blog... I think its pretty cool, actually...)) in any case, once I nixed that script, the problem was done and over with).

SeeYaBye!

Bear

Anonymous said...

Good work guys, it is gone (duh). We just finished Thanksgiving up her ein trh great white north, so I havenet been back until today.

Thanks for fixing it!

Dan