Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Locked Out!

For some inexplicable reason, I have been locked out of my Blogger account for over a week! I kept getting a 'Username/Password combination does not match' message.. I tried recovering my password, and sure enough, the 'Check your email.. a message has been sent to your email account' screen dutifully informed me that my password or instructions regarding how I might go about recovering my password had been sent to my secondary email address.... so I checked... But, alas; no email...

"Hmmmm....."

I went back to Blogger, which helpfully suggested that if the email hadn't arrived within 15 minutes, that I should check my 'Spam' folder... great!! I DON'T HAVE A FRIGGIN' SPAM FOLDER!!

Back to Blogger.... 'If the email hasn't arrived within 15 minutes, check your Spam folder, or OR 'Contact Blogger Support'.

Blogger Support! Fantastic!! This is *JUST* what I need!!

- CLICK -

tic-tock tic-tock

"Ah... here it comes!"

The page loads... AND??

"Please enter your username/password and sign in".

...

... ...

"YOU HAVE *GOT* TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!"

I wasted plenty of time checking and rechecking my email... to no avail...


So. What, precisely DOES one do when one is unceremoniously locked out of one's account, and there is no recourse for contacting a BLOODY HUMAN BEING to help you out of a jam??

Well.... in absence of any new data, you take a lesson from the cats... and simply keep trying the same thing... over... and over... and over.... until something different happens!!

This is patently insane... I know...

HOWEVER!!

HERE. I. AM!!


I'm back!





.... and I **STILL** have no fucking idea why I couldn't log in!

The best part is; Now that I am finally able to get back into my blogger account... I can't remember the fascinating subject that I wanted to blog about to begin with.... plap!!



I am home sick... its been about four or five days of gunk in my head... sludge in my lungs... coughing and choking and hacking out chunks of my liver... my head is spinning... and I feel like shit.

Last night my poor wife had to go sleep on the couch... the same couch that the springs have dropped out of so that sleeping on it is like sleeping on a wooden pallet....

I coughed, and choked, and snorted, and gurgled all night long... flopping around from one side to the other, to my stomach and then on to my back... over and over... trying to find a position in which I could breathe.... but no dice...

When I finally *did* fall asleep, I scared the shit out of myself and woke myself up; This is weird...

I was sleeping, miraculously... and suddenly, very, very close.. I heard a baleful, malevolent low growl... as though a large vicious animal was ready to maim and kill me...

Well... I came out of my tree!! I literally (Literally!) came off of the mattress... trying to go in eight directions at once... legs kicking... arms flailing... eyes the size of dinner plates... I almost peed myself...

until


I realized that the sound came from me... (sheepish blush)

Since my lungs are filled with all sorts of disgusting crap.. air bubbles around in there (this is great, isn't it?? Wanna go get a snack??) and makes really weird, creepy noises... the best part being that I have no conscious control of it.. it's like when your stomach gurgles and grumbles... but in your lungs instead.

So... I got no sleep.. my head hurts from coughing.. I packed my poor wife off to the couch to get no sleep so she can go to work miserably tired... and I gave myself a bloody heart attack. Nice.




Quite possibly, the only thing freakier than not being able to access your Blogger account when you know *damned well* that you are using the correct username/password is suddenly being able to access your Blogger account using *EXACTLY* the same username/password.

How do you fix that?? (!!)

... so.. what?? Can I look forward to being periodically left out in the cold while my blogger account goes off on a jaunt somewhere?? It's like trying to get into your own house, with the same key that you use every single flippin' day... and the key won't work!! But then it does!


Huh?





I just read over my blog, and realized after reading the last few posts that I am repeating myself... Oh god! I am my own grandfather.... ack!

I wonder if you can OD on Halls Mentholyptus Honey-Lemon cough drops?? I think I might have tipped the balance of my blood chemistry or something... If I eat any more of these things, I will be able to hire myself out as a vaporizer...

Is it only me... or does everybody think really weird shit when they're sick??

1 comment:

Marcheline said...

No one else, Bear.... only YOU...