Monday, November 20, 2006

Us

Last night we both had to work at our respective 'weekend' jobs. We got up and had our Sunday morning coffee, and then, later on in the day we went trundling off to our favorite Turkish Food restaurant for lunch. We ate, we talked non-stop, each of us sampling the other's food... and then we headed back to the cottage to start getting ready for work..

After work, we cooked up some food and plopped on the couch to watch the rest of "Rocky Jones, Space Ranger: Crashing Moons!" (This isn't a joke... this movie was *SO* bad that it was actually fantastic!).

Part way through the movie, we simply paused it, and sat and talked and cracked each other up, and laughed until we cried, stomachs and cheeks aching, and throats raw..

I am giggling now thinking about it!..

And, that says more about 'us', in a much more eloquent fashion, I think, than I ever could... so I thought that I would share..

It occurs to me that marrying my wife was one of the few deals in life where the reality is really and truly much, much better than I had ever expected it to be... I had very high expectations... but the reality is just so much better than I ever could have hoped for that all I can do is constantly send silent (or not so silent!) 'Thank You's' to whoever or whatever may have been responsible for my good fortune...

I am so fortunate to have her to love me...

...

...

Well.. Monday morning, and I am at work, so I suppose I had better get to it... My boss is a good guy, and I don't want to take advantage...

2 comments:

Marcheline said...

I so agree with you, Bear - we are lucky to have each other! Last night was a blast, eh? Hee hee! Thank goodness for the atmosphere chain!

Hey, today is a new moon! 0% full! Let's put our energies together for this new waxing moon to bring us even more good fortune - (maybe some tenants, even???)

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!

- M

Anonymous said...

oh didn't want to disturb. ohm, uch, ach, yeah, if you can find the address of that person who is responsible for the good fortune...ohm *silently throw it my way please*