Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I Don't Really Know What to Say...

This is to all of you who have commented on my last post - 'On Being a Piper...'

I was caught a little off-guard by the number of comments, and by the exceedingly nice things that all of you said to me.

I don't really know what to say.

I'm not really all that good of a person. Not really. Vocation and circumstances have forced me to do many not-so-nice things, as well. I like to tell the stories where it all works out and everyone goes home happy. Or the ones that are funny. I usually stay away from the ones where somebody didn't know when to stop doing whatever they were doing, or where they refused to allow the situation to go anywhere but south...such as the sod that ran full-tilt at my wife on Seventh Avenue in front of Penn Station a few years ago, wild look on his face and arms outstretched towards her (he never touched her.. so, no worries there). So perhaps I have portrayed a skewed portrait of myself. Sometimes Bear has teeth and claws.. and, honestly, that's not really so nice. I'm glad that many of you seem to think that I am, even though I don't think it is all that true. It makes me happy to hear so many of you say so, though...

I just thought it would be honest and fair to you to let you know that the pendulum swings both ways. I'm no pillar of virtue, and I'm certainly no angel. I never, ever go around picking on folks or starting crap with anyone, but, I have my moments, I suppose...

I just wanted to put that out on the table. Since the title of my blog has the phrase 'raw honesty' in it, its only fair.



To my fellow pipers; If you have any strange or interesting gig stories, I would like to hear them! I have a few more, too.

To all of you... thanks again. I really like this blogging community. You guys are great!


Bear

No comments: