Thursday, March 09, 2006

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming...


I just want to clearly and concisely reiterate my feelings about those who are closest to me reading this blog, and then it will be over, and I shant bring it up again unless some unruly individual should happen to shove such an untenable situation under my nose that I cannot avoid it. So here it is;

This is my one small place in all of the world where I can be completely and unequivocally free. This is the only place where I can caper about naked, painted up in woad, and bark at the moon with a tartan ribbon tied around my wilson - if I should so desire. (I would have said that this is where I let my hair down.. but, I don't have much hair, and what I do happen to have doesn't even get wet, never mind let down...)

Basically, this is my place, my spot, my sanctuary. I write here mostly for my own purposes. I welcome the readers who visit my blog, but I am able to maintain a certain comfort level with them chiefly because of the degree of separation between us that is brought about by our mutual anonymity.

To put it plainly, the closer you are to me in real-life, excluding my wife, the less comfortable I am with you reading this blog. People who know me, but only peripherally, I am more comfortable with than I would be with close friends and family. Why? I have no clearly definable idea. I just am. It would completely skeeve me out to know that my mom, my son, or one of my brothers was reading this blog... it isn't intended for them, it isn't directed at them, and, frankly, it isn't any of their business. I wouldn't want to read any of their personal shit, and I wouldn't be comfortable with them reading any of mine; this blog included.

If you are adamant and decide to go ahead and read what I write here regardless of my feelings or wishes... that's fine. I can't stop you, and I wouldn't try. But you should understand that sooner or later I am likely to drop a bomb on you in some way, shape, fashion, or form. Like I said... this is where I can drop all pretense, more or less shed any social inhibitions that I may have (which are few already...), and go just about anywhere my mind decides to take me. If It should come to my attention that you not only continued to read my blog when you know that I am somewhat uncomfortable with it and you then clued others in to its existence, then you are a back-biting, shit-eating lowlife and I will most definitely be writing some things here about you personally... with pictures... and signed affidavits from numerous independent witnessess... and anything else that I can come up with to be as embarassing and as socially unacceptable to you as I can possibly be in order to drive home my point. Respect my privacy, please. I respect yours and everbody elses, and if you know me, you know this to be the truth.

If you want to stick around for that eventuality (that of me eventually writing about something that will make you uncomfortable, or otherwise freak you out), be my guest! It won't bother me, and it certainly won't hurt my feelings, insult me, offend my sensibilities, or otherwise shock or scandalize me... you see, I already know what goes on in the darkest dungeons of my heart and mind. I am also intimately familiar with the most twisted reaches of my darkly sick sense of humour. If you get stung while holding a scorpion - don't blame the scorpion. It is in the nature of the scorpion to sting... after all.

As far as what ever has already taken place, and whoever you are, whether I know you were here or not (rest assured, I have set out traps and snares here from day one, so I most likely know that you have been here if you have... though I admit that it may be possible that you slipped through my numerous nets...) I want you to know that I am not angry, and I hope that there are no hard feelings on your part(s). There are certainly none on my part. Since this is the place where I air my feelings without much in the way of censorship or filtering, however, whatever feelings I happen to have get put down as posts here pretty much the way I feel them, as opposed to how I may control or channel those feelings in person to person relationships. I may keep things under wrap in real life, but I don't do that here. Free expression is the main purpose of this place. So, if I seem harsher than usual, or overly emotional, or otherwise weird.. this is my blog! I unload my thoughts and feelings here exactly as I feel them.. or as close to that as I am capable of conveying them in this format.

Regarding my blog, I feel that the overall 'flow' has been slightly disturbed by the whole 'outing' process, but I now return control of this blog to me. It's mine. Do not attempt to adjust your monitor.

From here on out, this is a dead issue, as far as I'm concerned... we will now return to the usual rambling, aimless, somewhat vague and vapid drivel that we have all become accustomed to. Thank you for playing. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Mona Buonanotte said...

Seriously, I would excrete pieces of my exploded skull if any of my family members found my blog.

(shudder)

You handled this well, Bear, and so did Elysia.