Saturday, January 21, 2006

Because I Can!

It is Saturday afternoon... I worked all day yesterday, then hauled ass to get to my next job because they have this perverse penchant for scheduling me to be someplace when it is impossible for me to be there because I am already committed to be elsewhere by my regular work schedule... so, I have to run around like an asshole and arrive all breathless and stressed out (well.. thats a lie, actually, because I don't actually get all stressed out and breathless... I am actually pretty much resigned to shit like that and I let it roll off my back... but the breathless part makes for a better blog entry, don't you think?) and have to run around like more of an asshole to get everything ready in time (this part is true, and, in case you haven't figured it out, I am going for the 'longest run-on sentence award' here...).

After a long week of long days (up at 4:30AM work till after five.. house chores and all the shit that you have to do before you can relax... I am now sitting here at my computer like a bump on a log, and I have reached a decision;

You see, I was planning on getting up fairly early, going to the gym, and doing all of the things that I am supposed to do that I only have time to get to on the odd weekends that I am not already working.

Well, I have basically decided to throw that into the bin... all of it.

Fuck that! I'm not doing anything that I am supposed to do today or tommorrow, unless I feel like doing it. Period.

This morning, I woke up, said, "fuck" under my breath... got up, went to the bathroom chiefly because I had no choice. I absolutely had to go now, and it occurred to me that this sucked, and greatly. I was muzzy-headed, and still half asleep, with that oddly disturbing chain of thought that is still half dreamlike... I was affronted that I had to do anything, and that my body would betray me by forcing me to have to get out of my bed to go pee. So, I got all militant and shit, and decided that I wasn't doing a damned thing that I am expected to do, and that it can all kiss my ass!

I opened the window, to get a little fresh air, and hopefully a nice cool breeze, climbed right back into bed, and promptly went back to sleep.

When I woke up, at around 11:00AM I found that I still had an attitude, and decided that for this weekend, I was making up the rules as I went along, and everything would just have to wait.

SO. Today I am lounging around for awhile, reading, listening to music, drinking coffee, and dicking around online. Perhaps later I will take Elysia (who is Marcheline) to a movie.. and after that?? Who knows... but I would imagine that it will involve getting herself into a compromising position somehow and taking advantage of that position to the fullest extent possible.

Insofar as I have a plan, that is my plan for this weekend. If I suddenly decide that it is all a wash.. then so be it. I don't care what my sense of responsibility says, I don't care what has to be done... it ain't gettin' done, at least not by me!

Should anyone have any complaints that they wish to lodge regarding this turn of events, I would direct them to the complaint department. To access the complaint system, please click here.

Thank you for playing.

6 comments:

SVN, prn said...

I had grandious plans to study today but when a friend came into town unexpectedly last night I dropped all my 'things' and decided to just enjoy the visit to the fullest ...nice leasurely dinner Friday night, today coffee, newspaper, breakfast and trip to the movie theatre and more lovely conversation. It was bliss.

Anonymous said...

http://www.gofuckyourself.com/poundsandupyourass.html

HAHAHA!! thats hilarious :D
So did you go to see a movie?

catherine

scribe said...

I hereby dub thee: "King Of Slack" Well done mate! Keep up the good non-work.

(If you don't know who this is, ask the Missus, because I cannot reveal my secret identity here).
;-)

Bear said...

SVN/PRN - You go wiff yo bad, bad self, girlfriend!!

Anonymous Catherine: We did! We had Turkish Food and went on to the movies... We saw "Underworld: Evolution" and it rocked! (Elysia got to sit next to the lunatic... ... well... the other lunatic; the scary, creepy one that we don't know. She's sorta lucky that way!)

Scribe: We insist upon being addressed as 'Your Highness', 'Your Majesty', 'Your Grace', or, 'Your Slackfulness', in accordance with our newly proclaimed royal status. In so keeping with the divine nature of our royalty and in the furtherance of caring for those within our realm, we deign to know each and every one of our subjects. Although we are not bound by any mere mortal strictures or social pressures to maintain the anonimity of our subjects, we have decided to do so in this case, taking into account that this particular subject has coronated us as king. We do ask of thee, good scribe, to refrain from dropping thy bread upon our foot, or any other of our various royal limbs.. as it is a ponderous loaf! Ahh, good scribe, my own jest doth leave me in stitches! We hope you will not allow our jesting to needle thee overmuch!

scribe said...

Heh heh.

Well, since you asked so nicely, I will refrain from inflicting any bodily harm to life or limb with my edible weapon. However, if I need to deliver an urgent communique to Your Slackfulness & Queen Slack, I shall tie a note to my anti-Atkins brick of goodness and hurl it through your window. Hey, it's faster than FedEx, and far tastier.

NewYorkMoments said...

You have to take some time every once in a while to lay around & vegetate. Otherwise you'll end up with a stroke. & then you couldn't blog anymore.