Sunday, June 12, 2005

Wow! Extraordinary! Fantastic!

Today was just great! We went to Borders Books as planned, and had a very relaxing day perusing magazines, reading, chatting, and enjoying refreshments together (Her: Honey Ginseng Tea, Me: Tropical Iced Tea ((Unsweetened)) Shared by both: A delicious Banana Nut Muffin).

The magazine that Elysia was looking for was not on the shelves yet, which only means that we will be forced to go back and hang out yet again! (Wheeee!)

Right before we left, I ran into two of my Boss's daughters, both of whom intermittently work at my shop. They both seemed to be very concerned about my knee, and I showed them the knee, and the brace, and explained what had happened that led me to leave work on Thursday.

I told them that the most likely cause was the interminable (and entirely unnecessary) standing while at work, and they asked why I don't pull a chair over to sit upon.

I explained that The Nose and The Fly have a joint policy about not sitting while at work that seems to apply mostly to me (translated as: Only to me). I also explained that The Nose would have a cow if I were to sit while working, but added that it is a very long day to be standing the entire time (between 10 and 11 hours, generally...), and they agreed. One of them said, "Well, we'll see about that..." and we headed our seperate ways... so, hopefully, they will intercede for me with dad, and perhaps the asinine 'no sitting' policy will go away... (for Christ's sake, they sit on tall chairs in Banks, which are about as stuffed shirt as you can get, insofar as tight-assed rules are concerned... our clients are mostly contractors. I don't think many of them would be overly offended by the sight of my ass on a chair, provided I get them what they want and do it quickly and accurately, and provided that I can address any problems that they may have. What is the fucking problem here?? Am I missing something??

In any case, I am sure that I'll see what's what over this coming week...

When we came home, Elysia planted some tomato and pepper plants that she picked up while we were out, so I see some yummy salads and salsas in our future! She had me park my ass on the couch, put an ice pack on my knee, brought me a drink and some ibuprofen tablets, and actually fed me grapes!

She banished me from the kitchen and began working on a mysterious dinner. I headed up to dick around online after the ice pack melted, and, after about an hour or so of drooling on myself from smelling her cooking, she finally called me down for dinner.

Holy. Fucking. Shit!!

She made the most fantastic meal I have ever eaten!! I was floored...

She made an Indian salad, with tomatoes, onions, green and yellow bell pepper, fresh green chili peppers, lime juice, and mint.

This was followed by a Chicken in Green Masala Sauce, garnished with golden raisins and fresh mint and cilantro.

On the side was a plate of flat bread.

I cannot describe this meal to you... it was delicious, refreshing, luscious... I could smell the tropics, and feel the warm breezes.. it was absolutely marvelous!! The way she plated everything was unbelievable!! All of the colors and textures... It was just fucking amazing!!

My review?

"The salad was spicy, fresh, and redolent of fresh tropical fruits and vegetables, with a subtle hint of tangy lime and cool refreshing mint. The chicken was tender and cooked to perfection in a light creamy masala sauce that was absolutely heavenly!"

"....Sex on a plate!"




I know that I'm a goofball, but, in all seriousness, this was a magnificent meal, made all the more so because it was cooked just for me, with love, by my terrific wife, right here at home in our cozy little cottage.

I feel like a king tonight!! Thanks, Elysia, for making my weekend so extraordinarily wonderful!!

And tommorrow? Ah... who cares?! Tonight ain't over yet!!

2 comments:

Pisser said...

Awwww. You lucky ol' bear, you!

Bear said...

Pisser,

I know I probably sound like a barking lunatic in half of these posts.. but in all honesty; I DO feel pretty lucky!!

Thanx for stoppin' by!

Regards,

Bear