Tuesday, February 14, 2006

To Hell With That Noise!! - And What is That All About?

A few days back, it occurred to me that it might not be practicable for me to have Valentine's Day flowers delivered to Elysia at her workplace. I didn't want her to be disappointed, after waiting all day for a flower delivery man to come... or worse, have one show and deliver flowers to someone else, which would suck! So, one evening, while we were farting around at home, I mentioned that I would most likely not be able to send flowers to her at work... She gave this some thought, then, apparently accepting the point, nodded, and agreed that it was most likely a bad idea, flowers being wasteful, and all that... I mentally raised my eyebrows at this, and went on...

"I was going to get you some candies, but, since we are concerned with fitness and all, I figured it would probably be a bad idea...."

I let the sentence sort of trail off, and Elysia, taking the bait, jumped right in for me;

"Definitely don't get candies. They wont get eaten, and will be a total waste..."

I continued, "We should just agree to save money this year, and maybe exchange cards or something...."

"Good idea! Maybe we can pick out a movie that we both like, or something, and it'll be a Valentine's present for both of us!"

[this did actually sound like a pretty good idea to me!]

"Great! Its settled, then! That's what we'll do! No silly flowers... no silly candies... none of that nonsense! We'll get a movie or a CD or something!"

Having settled that, I promptly went out and got her a boquet of flowers, the largest box of candy that I could find, and some cards.

When she walked in from work, she stopped short when she saw the flowers, and her face lit up in a smile that could dazzle the world!! And, when she spotted the candy, it got even brighter!!

Those candies, that wouldn't get eaten, were immediately ripped open and we both tested a couple... you know, for public health reasons... wouldn't want to leave any spoiled candies lying about... might cause an epidemic or something!!

Shortly, we will go out to pick out a movie - (I don't care what she says... I'm still going to get her a movie that I know she likes... she's the girl, and she's special, and she is getting a present... period) and then we are going to our local Thai restaurant for some yummy dinner!!

Yesterday was exactly 17 years that we have known each other... I fell in love with her the first time I ever laid eyes on her...

We are participating in a marriage study at the local university. The questions don't really apply to us... its sort of weird, but its a lot of fun. After it is all over, I will write a post about it. I don't want to talk too much about it, because we aren't really supposed to discuss it until after its over. I'm having a blast, plus I will learn stuff about our relationship, PLUS, I get to help a guy earn his Doctorate!!

When I was getting the flowers, I went to the counter and placed my order, then paid, and moved back to wait for them to make up the arrangement (after being a pain in the A-hole and 'helping' to pick out the flowers!). While I was standing there, among maybe thirty other guys, I noticed them all craning their necks and staring towards the register, then all simultaneously looking away, and then doing it again!

(What the Fuck?!)

I started to watch, and it was creepy... every guy would crane his neck, then look away... all at the exact same time!!

I looked to see what they were looking at.

Ah-HA! The girl behind the counter happened to be wearing a loose blouse, and when she would bend over to write... all the guys were staring at her boobs!! When she would look up, they all looked away!

I thought about this for a moment... and almost busted out laughing! Here were all these guys, in a florist to purchase flowers for their wives, mothers, girlfriends, or what-have-you, and they are gawking down this woman's blouse at her boobs!

Man... guys are strange. I'm a guy, and I'm strange, too... but still.

It was harmless, and it was damned funny, if you ask me!!

Well... I'm off to have some Valentine's Day fun with my gorgeous wife!! See ya!!

3 comments:

SVN, prn said...

Happy Valentines Day to you two lovers!!!

So, I may have missed this but I'd love to hear the story of how you two met. A link to a previous post?

But if neither of you has posted about that.. how about a little assignment/challange? You both independantly write the story and post on the same day. Kinda of a his and hers versions.

Call me silly if you like but you two seem like you might be up for it with the current study going on.

scribe said...

For some reason the story about the guys checking out the cashier boobage put an image in my mind of these guys as long necked birds, like say, ostriches, pecking at seeds on the ground and then bobbing back up. No pun intended on the pecking (or bobbing for that matter) I assure you, but since it's already there, take it as a lagniappe.

Oh Geez! My verification letters spell out: zmeavcvp = See, me a V cup"! (Haaaa (oh God, but just thinking of having a V cup hurts my back!)

scribe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.