Sunday, September 18, 2005

Flying Solo....


This weekend, Elysia has been gone, and I've been missing her... We had originally planned to go to North Carolina to visit her Mom, since they were having a multiple-family-member birthday party this weekend.

I had arranged to have the weekend off at my main job, and also at the bartending job, but on Tuesday I got a page; "Bear, please call me... I want to give you a schedule."
(What the F***?! - I told them I couldn't work this coming weekend!)

I called, and the manager told me that he needed me to work. I explained that I had already arranged to have the weekend off with one of the owners.

His reply was, "Shit! I am totally fucked! What am I going to do?! everyone is going to be out of state this weekend. I suppose I will have to teach myself quickly to tend the bar..." (He's hungarian... with a very cool accent, by the way...)

Me: "Let me make a phone call. I'll call back as soon as I can."

Him: "Okay."

I called Elysia, explained the situation. Effectively cancelled my trip to North Carolina, and called them back.

One of the owners got on the phone, and thanked me repeatedly for agreeing to work. What the heck... every relationship has to be a two-way street. They work with me when I need something, so its only fair...

Elysia left early, early Friday morning. I didn't see her on Thursday night, because I was at Gaelic Class... (I was elected into the Coiste Stiúrtha ((Pron: KWISH-tuh STYOOR-hah)), or, Board of Directors ((I think the literal translation would be 'steering committee, or something like that...)) so I now have voting power as to the direction the school takes, and so on... its pretty cool). In any case, the point being that I feel as though I haven't seen her in a great while.

Yesterday I worked a wedding. Same sex, female female. It was a good crowd, but they didn't really tip all that much. I think its a wedding today, but I'm not sure. Hopefully, it will be a group of compulsive tippers or something...

The best part is that when I get home, my beautiful Elysia will be here... though she may be sound asleep (long day for her...), in which case I will snuggle up close, and go to sleep happy!!

4 comments:

Jeff Hunter said...

'cept she's going to be pissed you didn't go with her.

Bear said...

Hey Jeff,

Thanx for stopping by!

Nah! She doesn't get pissed about stuff like that... they all missed me at the party, but everyone understood that it was the right thing to do under the circumstances...

We mostly make our decisions together, so there isn't much in the way of getting pissed off at one another...

Like everyone, we have our occasional disagreements, but we always find ways to work them out.

I lucked out. I have the best girl in the world.

--------------

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. .... Okay, I admit it.. I'm a comment whore! (What can I say??)

Take Care,

Kathy said...

I just *love* how much you two love each other...if that makes any sense.

Bear said...

Hi Kathy,

I'm glad to see you around here!! Its like a visit from an old friend!

Kathy said...

I just *love* how much you two love each other...if that makes any sense.


Actually.... come to think of it, so do I!! We are very, very fortunate... we seem to have been lucky enough to find just the right mix, somehow...

I feel like the only member, and a lucky one, at that... in a very exclusive club, or something...

Thanx for stopping by, Kathy... its always a pleasure to read your comments...