Saturday, February 03, 2007

All of it...


'Go home!' ends September...
Lot's of worries... how to pay bills?!
What will I do?

October brings new job
New possibilities
High hopes for better days

November unveils changes
Promises not kept.
Bitter disappointments.

December rolls through
Happy holidays!
Then, long sad walk home.

Again, no job!
What is wrong with me?
Why is this happening?

Brisk January winds.
Cold and fresh!
Unforseen opportunity!

February finds
me studying hard
so much to learn!

Life blossoms
like an early spring flower;
unexpected beauty

How lovely!
Such a wonderful scent!
Oops! A bee!

Everything changes
but, at the center
I am still and tranquil

If worry did not
drive me from my bed
late at night

I would miss the beauty
of seeing the moon
through wintry branches

Even the unexpected
twists and turns
have something to offer

Breathe in, breathe out
problems, solutions
I would not choose

to miss even a moment
of the profound beauty
of my life unfolding

Spit into life at birth
taken out again at death
and in between?

This is life
and what the world has to offer
I am thankful for all of it

2 comments:

Marcheline said...

I love the rhythm of this poem. And what we did this morning.

- M

Mr. Guinness said...

I REALLY like the poem. It is indeed food for thought and contemplation. Life is that slippery slope, and we either ski on our feet, on our butt, or headfirst into a tree.